JOB TITLE: Production Purchasing Agent
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
REPORTS TO: Production Manager & GM
The primary task of the Production Purchasing Agent is to work with management in production planning, based on the demand, the product (cuttings, Tissue Culture and seeds) and space available. The Production Purchasing Agent also sources and compares suppliers and establishes which ones offer the best quality, pricing, and products in order to meet production needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the General Manager and Production Managers with forecasting all production programs in conjunction with the Sales Team, and Vendors.
- Analyzes demand, material, and space availability to come up with a plan
- Monitors live goods and hard good requirements
- Purchases materials based on the price strategy guidelines set forth by Management
- Creates and maintains pricelists for live and hard goods
- Processes and sends Purchase Orders to vendors
- Adjusts the weekly Scheduled planting report, based on what we are receiving
- Notifies Inventory specialists about what could not be planted, so they can adjust the sales orders accordingly
- Verifies vendor invoices versus purchase orders; ensures accuracy of items received, and pricing.
- Works to improve and grow the relationship with vendors
- Responsible for tracking shipments and arranging freight for all purchases
- Coordinates with warehouse to ensure incoming shipments are received properly and reviews receipts
- Answers e-mails in a timely manner
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Setup and maintain Vendors in StarCom (in house system)
- Setup Vendors in Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Setup Item Vendor Properties in StarCom – Packaging, Minimum Thresholds, Lead times, etc.
- Monthly reconciliation input.
- Negotiates and approves Vendor Debits
- Weekly inventory reconciliation report
- Four years of college or 4+ years in a similar position
- Horticulture Experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, quick learner, and highly organized
- Capable of working independently or in a team
- A problem solver with an open mind for new solutions
- Willingness to learn and apply new concepts and processes
- Good analytical skills with a strong technical experience
- Experience with maintaining an accurate inventory, and understanding of the inventory cycle
- Capable of communicating with all levels of employees: from production to the copmany’s purchasing to Sales to Logistics
- Must be physically able to walk in the greenhouse for several hours at a time and be both heat and cold tolerant.
- Willingness to submit to a drug and background check
- Willingness to submit to Covid-19 vaccine
- Able to lift up to 35lbs; squat, bend, pull and push
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Ensures that all materials are on hand
- Maintains accurate and up to date pricelists for goods
- Prepares and submits accurate Purchase Orders
- Ensures confirmation of Purchase Order from vendors
- Verifies all received goods are accurate.
- Performs within good ethical standards
Our client offers a competitive Benefits package including base salary, Paid Time Off, Health Benefits and 401K (With company match). The company is also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Apply Today in top right form or Click Here!
For other Open Job Opportunities, please Click Here