JOB TITLE: Industrial Ingredients & Flavors Sales Director-Remote
Our client, a growing food and beverage production company is looking to hire a driven and experienced Ingredients & Flavors Sales Director to join a great company and team to support the growth effort. This resource will be result driven and can drive the sales efforts of the ingredient and flavor segment. The right candidate will have experience with food and beverage applications in relation to an ingredient sales cycle. The candidate will have existing relationships in manufacturing and can manage large national accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Experienced in the ingredient industry ideally working with coffee, tea and/or botanical extracts
- Sell promote, and market our coffee, tea, and botanical extracts in liaison with internal and external stakeholders, while developing and building relationships with key customers.
- Develop deep contacts, networks, and relationships to advance the company’s ingredients in manufacturing food and beverage customers
- Ability to forecast, contribute to competitive intelligence, and strategic market assessment
- Monitor competitive activity and develop appropriate tactics to respond
- Coordinate sales presentations and represent the company in relevant associations, trade shows and conventions
- Achieves individual KPI targets for ingredient and sales customer placement
- Manages and implements pricing actions with all customers/distributors
- Effectively manages T&E expenses within budget • Submits required sales reports accurately and on time
- Stays informed of market trends and industry activities. Keeps senior management informed of new product launches or other initiatives that could impact sales.
- Develops and maintains a robust new business opportunity industrial pipeline
- Travels to conduct new business sales calls, customer retention calls as necessary
- Maintains expert knowledge of all company products and can successfully display, demonstrate, and train customers using product samples and/or equipment.
- Effectively executes sales presentations and product demonstrations to close new business and deliver annual volume and profit objectives
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficiency in organization, presentation, and planning skills.
- Some knowledge of food manufacturing
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel away from home on an average of 30-40% of time.
- 5+ years of successful selling, sales management, and marketing experience as well as successful development and launch of new products within the specialty ingredients markets. Ability to translate market knowledge into growth strategies. Role will require intensive travel, domestically
- Prefer a technical background in food and beverage.
- Relevant Scientific, BS in Food Science or Business.
- Location: • USA, preferably Midwest or West time zone or East Coast
Our client offers a competitive Benefits Package and is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Apply Today, Click Here!
For other Open Job Opportunities, please Click Here!