JOB TITLE: Assistant Controller-Job in Miami
STATUS: Salaried- Exempt
REPORTS TO: CFO
The Assistant Controller will plan and direct the accounting activities of the accounting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares monthly (and periodic) financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Prepares and consolidates annual operating budgets.
- Audits accounts to ensure transactions are recorded properly.
- Coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external financial review.
- Provides financial analysis as needed with comparisons of actual performance to budgeted performance and prior year activity.
- Ensures compliance with bank, local, state and federal government reporting requirements.
- Attends monthly senior management meetings and reports financial results.
- Manages cash flow daily.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with lenders and outside CPA firm.
- Ensures accounting department deadlines are met.
- Works with the accountants at foreign subsidiaries
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Financial field required
- Ten years or more of accounting related experience required; public accounting experience a plus.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Ability to work as a team member with other senior managers.
- Prior experience working with parent, affiliate and subsidiary accounting relationships is required.
- Experience with foreign currency translations a plus.
- Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Our client offers a competitive Benefits Package including base, overtime, bonus, Paid Time Off, Health Benefits, and 401K (with company match). Also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Apply Today! Click Here!
For other Open Job Opportunities, please Click Here